The living area of The Dacha main lodge consists of an open-plan kitchen, dining room and lounge area. This 177 sqm living area features a soaring 4.8 metre vaulted ceiling and clerestory window to create a sense of space and light enhancing the view before you.
The lounge has an impressive schist clad fireplace which in winter casts an ambient glow over the comfortable lounging options with the mountains dominating the horizon across the lake. A perfect environment for guests to relax and share stories with a drink in hand by firelight.
In summer the wall of glass bi-fold doors can be opened, allowing the inside of the home to flow seamlessly out onto the large outside deck giving stunning 180 degree views of Lake Wanaka and the mountains beyond.
The extensive decking to enjoy the scenery is complemented by The Lookout, a schist paved outdoor social area with seating giving guests panoramic views of the lake and mountains. The Lookout will quickly become the natural meeting spot for morning coffee, wine and cheese afternoons or cocktail hour.
The Dacha Lodge includes:
- A professional grade kitchen facility equipped with Miele appliances and a separate fully resourced galley.
- A dining area with a table seating up to twelve people for a formal dinner
- A second living area consisting of a completely covered outdoor room with large commercial grade stainless steel BBQ. Dependant on weather conditions, this room can be fully opened up to the elements via the large glass sliding doors to allow guests to socialise alfresco around the BBQ in the time honoured Antipodean tradition. When fully enclosed it simply provides a spacious second living area complete with its large open fire place and pizza oven.
- A full range of catering options tailor made for your party group can be arranged.
- A design to ensure all access points, corridors and internal/external doors are fully wheelchair accessible.
Lodge facilities include:
- Unlimited Wi-Fi and broadband internet access
- Sonos sound system and docking station
- Fully equipped laundry
- Drying room with heated boot rack (for tramping or skiing)
- Heated swimming pool in summer
- Spa with jet massage
- Library, DVD collection and board games
- Extensive private gardens
- International art collection
Lounge & DIning
The master suite is located in the east wing of the house with a king-size bed facing out over the lake.
The suite comprises a generous sized bedroom complemented by a full walk-in wardrobe leading through to the spacious marble and tile ensuite.
The bathroom features a large, deep bathtub, with complimentary Nellie Tier aromatherapy bath products and separate his and her vanities. There is also a large separate walk-in shower complete with powerful rain head that opens onto an enclosed courtyard garden.
For those needing to mix business with pleasure, there is a separate office area to allow you to work in peace, complete with printer and complimentary high speed wi-fi.
West Wing Guest Bedrooms
In this wing four bedrooms are clustered around a cosy snug, with its own comfortable seating area, large flat screen TV, Sonos sound system and a studio log burner. It provides a private hideaway space for guests, or younger family members to come together and relax in intimate surroundings.
The bedroom layout consists of two identical king-size bedrooms complemented by walk-in wardrobes, a writing desk and en-suite bathrooms. These two rooms are ideally sited to capture the stunning natural light and appreciate the panoramic vistas over the Lake.
Two further bunk rooms provide a range of sleeping configurations to suit your party’s needs catering for the requirements of couples, singles, or young families. Each room contains two sleeping platforms which can be configured to provide either a total of four king single beds, or alternatively be transformed into two Super King beds.
Both bunk rooms share a large beautifully appointed bathroom and separate walk-in shower.
The bedrooms are all dressed in luxury linens and sumptuous duvets and pillows.
All bathrooms contain heated towel rails, complimentary Nellie Tier toiletries, hairdryer and fluffy white bathrobes.
West Bedroom – Georgia’s Room
West Bedroom – Charlotte’s Room
Bunkroom x 2